Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Water for Elephants

If you like stories of the good ol' days of the circus, then you should thoroughly enjoy the book, "Water for Elephants." The main character tells the story of his youth, and how he came to be a part of the Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth. So much research was done by the author to really let you have a peek into the daily life of a depression era railroad traveling circus, from the sideshow freaks to the cooch show and on to the Big Top, the characters are colorful and interesting. So, I highly recommend that you pick up a copy even if you just want to kill some time on a rainy day.





http://www.amazon.com/Water-Elephants-Novel-Sara-Gruen/dp/1565125606/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1299635810&sr=1-1

3 comments:

Goneferalinidaho said...

I saw the trailer for the upcoming movie and was enthralled. I watched Circus on PBS and fell in love. I will definitely pick up this book before seeing the movie.

Evil Lily said...

I haven't seen the trailer yet. I really hope they do justice to the book.

Dolls from the Attic said...

I loved this book, but it made me cry for all the cruelty to "Rosie", and circus animals in general. I don't know how they are going to show that scene on screen, and if I will be able to watch it, although it promises to be a great movie...and a chance to watch "Edward" on a very different role.
Bisous
Marta

Related Posts with Thumbnails