Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gothic Charm School ~ The Book!


"Subversion through politeness" is the main thought behind the new book 'Gothic Charm School- An essential guide for Goths and those who love them' by Jillian Venters. I bought the book and read it on my first few hours of jury duty a few weeks ago. While it can be enjoyed by even us 'Elder Goths', my feeling was that it was well suited to the young Goth. I would have loved to have a tome such as this back in the 1970's when I was coming of age. Ms Venters asks us black clad folk to use manners to change societies view of the Goth and I think that is a marvelous idea! I will recommend the book to parents of young Goths, what a great gift! Available at most book stores or on line of course.
Along with the Website which can be found HERE, Ms Venters has a new, ongoing series of videos that are enjoyable as well. You can find them on her website under 'Media'

1 comment:

Evil Lily said...

I'd been following her on LJ for quite a while already. She seems to have a love for my favorite color combination--black and pink.

I haven't read the book, but from what I know of Gothic Charm School, it's mostly for the baby goths or baby bats. It absolutely would make a wonderful gift for parents of baby bats!

Thanks for reviewing the book!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails